Class Details: Introduction to Dog Sports
5-Weeks of FUN to introduce the fun of a dog sport. This class will mentally challenge you and your dog as well as physically.
This 5-week class is highly recommended for folks new to any dog sport scene. We want all our students to get all they can out of their interactions with their dog. Dog sports are FUN and this class is designed to prepare owners for navigating and controlling their dog in any sport class. It also teaches you more fun things to do with your dog at home ... mentally stimulating them with fun games that will keep them fit while showing them how to use their bodies in the spaces provided. This class offer a little bit of physical challenges, so if you have a puppy this Intro to Dog Sports class is awesome! Sport classes are generally more stimulating then average dog training classes and so the types of things you will learn over and above learning new sporty activities are:
- Learn the art of shaping where the dog thinks and is more involved in the games we play
- Learn tricks for foundation skills in treibball, agility, and scent games
- Work on happy crate training techniques so that your dog loves any crate - especially at the vet office
- Learn how being a team player in the class can enhance your experience and learning
- Wellness fitness and conditioning games will show the dog proprioception, etc.
The sports that we review are: Agility - Treibball (Urban Herding) - Scent (The Nose Knows) - K9 Fitness and Conditioning
Instructors: Gail Hubbard
THIS CLASS IS FULL New Class Start Date: Monday, March 29
Target End Date: Monday, April 26
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
New Class Start Date: Tuesday, April 6
Target End Date: Tuesday, May 4
Time: 6:15pm - 7:15pm
Location: A Good Dog's Life Training Center, 33 Hidden Acres Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
What to Bring: Bring what motivates your dog (toy and small, soft food treats) and your enthusiasm!
Interested? Simply click the "Sign Up Now" bottom below.