Puppies come into this program typically around 10-11 weeks of age and top out of the program around 16 weeks of age.
Our Puppy Program emphasizes the significance of understanding a young puppy, how their bodies and minds grow and how to best communicate with them. Come join the fun and learn the encouraging language of positive reinforcement and negative punishment that will provide a rewarding, respectful, lifelong relationship between you and your puppy! My training philosophy is outlined under training, or you can contact me or my mobile at 828-712-4245
After your puppy has seen your local vet and has gotten their first vet immunity shot, your puppy is typically welcome to come into this class.
If you have any questions during this critical time, please understand we are here to provide you with the tools needed to raise your puppy to live a good k9 life. Before, during or after your puppy class participation, private coaching is available. There, you will receive individual attention. During your class and after class the instructor is available for a few questions, but private coaching is encouraged if you feel you need more help.
Learning opportunities in this program focus on:
- Discovering new novel stimulus [a.k.a. socialization: new surfaces, strange objects, different noises, novel smells and different looking people]
- Focus and attention games are played which helps your transition into K9 Manners Levels Program
- Coming when called and leash manners are emphazised
- Impulse control games with common activities
- Question / Answer Time [this is the most popular since typically you have a lot of questions]
- Learning how to channel and manage your puppy's natural desires [jumping, nipping, pulling on a leash, etc.]
- Tips on potty habits with follow up handouts and phone conversation, if needed
- Bond-building games and tricks that will start a solid foundation for loving to learn
We invite you and your puppy to participate in our Saturday Puppy Class at any time after the initial vet visit that issues an immunity shot.
Puppies come into this program typically around 10-11 weeks of age and top out of the program around 16 weeks of age. Our Puppy Program emphasizes the significance of understanding how puppies learn and how to communicate with them. Come learn the encouraging language of positive reinforcement that will provide a rewarding, respectful, lifelong relationship between you and your puppy!
Class Date and Times:
Class is held EVERY Saturday of every month from 9:30AM - 10:30AM unless it is a major holiday or there is another conflict.
The following weekends there will be NO PUPPY CLASS.
You are welcome to come to puppy class until your puppy ages out and/or a K9 Manners - Level 1 class opens up.
If this is your first class you must come to orientation at 9:00am
Please email me if you have any questions, text or call: 828-712-4245
Gail Hubbard [828-712-4245]
Location: A Good Dog's Life Training Center, 33 Hidden Acres Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
What to Bring:
- your puppy
- harnesses are recommended
- 6 foot leash (no retractable)
- shot records
- favorite toy
- small soft food treats
- enthusiasm and joy!
$20 / pay per class
Cash or Check (Payable to: WNC K9)
$23 / thru PayPal now or after class
This program is priced per week, giving you the flexibility to join other classes when age appropriate. (i.e. K9 Manners - Level One)