Puppy classes help you understand your puppy better as well as introduce your puppy to calm and fun filled first impressions.
First impressions are so important for a puppy, so I encourage you to understand that you can introduce your dog to objects (people, places, and things) yourself and build trust and confidence. Typically puppies start wondering out to safe environments around 10-11 weeks of age. I will help you identify these environments to keep your puppy safe.
This Puppy Program emphasizes on the importances of understanding key training concepts, understanding who your young puppy is (breed characteristics, etc.) and understanding how to best communicate with them while their small bodies and minds grow. AND this class has moved into a K9 Manners Level One class.
Join the fun while attending the K9 Manners program and learn the encouraging language of positive reinforcement and negative discouragement that will provide a rewarding, respectful, lifelong relationship between you and your puppy! The training philosophy is outlined under training, or you can contact me on my mobile at 828-712-4245
After your puppy has seen your local vet and has gotten their first 2 vet immunity shots, you puppy is welcome into the K9 Manners Level One class.
If you have any questions during this critical time, please understand we are here to provide you with the tools needed to raise your puppy to live a good K9 life. Before, during or after your puppy class participation, private coaching is available. There, you will receive individual attention. During your class I am available for questions, but private coaching is encouraged if you feel you need more help.
Learning opportunities in this program focus on:
- Discovering new novel stimulus [a.k.a. socialization: new surfaces, strange objects, different noises, novel smells and different looking people]
- Focus and attention games are played which helps your transition into real life scenerios.
- Coming when called and leash manners are explained
- Impulse control games with common activities
- Question / Answer Time [this is the most popular since typically you have a lot of questions]
- Learning how to channel and manage your puppy's natural desires [jumping, nipping, pulling on a leash, etc.]
- Tips on potty habits with follow up handouts and phone conversation, if needed
- Bond-building games and tricks that will start a solid foundation for loving to learn
SNOW STORM: Click here to find last minute closings.
Puppies start coming to class around ages 12 - 14 weeks old. After that 2nd boost immunity shot.
Dates and Times:
Go to: K9 Manners - Level 1 to sign up for the class that best suites your schedule.
Please email me if you have any questions, text or call: 828-712-4245
Gail Hubbard [828-712-4245]
Location: 41 Edgewood Road Extension, Asheville NC 28803
This is a residence so play drive slowly. Take the middle paced driveway on your left once you see the orange cones and mailboxes on the left indicating that Edgewood Road Extension does deadend. Please also know that there is plenty of parking on the right of the house so please pull all the way up the driveway. There are paw prints on the drive way to help you pull up the correct driveway as well as red posts with the number 41 on it to guide you. My garage door is a bright red as well. If you have any questions, please call me 828-712-4245.
What to Bring:
- your puppy
- harnesses are recommended / strongly suggested
- 6 foot leash (no retractable)
- shot records
- favorite toy
- small soft food treats (a trail mix of a variety)
- your enthusiasm and joy!
Private Training and Behavior Consultations
Private Coaching Benefits are:
- At home coaching session
- Comfortable environment to optimize learning for your puppy
- Initial evaluation to determine goals and expectations are fulfilled
- Assessment of where the dog is within those goals and expectations
- Developing your initial plan with handouts and homework
- Follow up emails and phone calls
- Scheduling the second session to stay consistent and evaluate your training mechanics
1 hour of coaching ... $105
1.5 hours of coaching ... $155
The initial meeting includes an evaluation, handouts and a follow-up phone consultation and typically lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. All follow-up sessions are typically an hour in length.
When working with larger families, children, and multiple dogs, the private coaching can extend even longer in length.
2 hours of coaching ... $195
Package discounts are given.
**Pricing is different for those living outside of a 15-mile radius.